Beaverton PE Teachers Explain Twitter In A Short Video
Have you ever been frustrated trying to explain Twitter someone that doesn't have an account? I think that if you share this video of teacher, Christy Wilson, @wilson_physed explaining Twitter to a group of Beaverton PE teachers, it will help get the point across. The candid way in which she explains Twitter without the aid of slides or visuals is outstanding. I hope administrators or technology coaches share this video and see if this can help encourage some new people to join Twitter.
The topics covered in less than four minutes include:
- Twitter chats for education
- Differences between # and @ sign
- How/Who to follow and suggested followers
- Where to find notifications on your smart phone
- Where to search
- Emailing tweets to organize favorites
- An example of parent/teacher communication
Watch how this group of tech savvy PE teachers took out their phones, created their own hashtag (#beavertonpe), and got real with their professional development.